VA Long Beach Healthcare System
Dr. Larry Albers, Chief of Mental Health, along with his team take a tour of the Mental Health Construction Site.
Construction scheduling continues to prove to be a challenge. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience, and thank you for your support in improving our infrastructure and the needs of your fellow Veterans.
Veterans and visitors – To help ease our parking challenges, we have expanded our valet parking services and are looking for additional capacity for staff parking off-campus. We also have free on-campus shuttles providing rides from our parking on the North side of campus to the main facility building beginning as early as 0600 through 1800 Monday through Friday. Our Shuttles services run every 10-15 minutes from parking lots to the main campus.
In order to help reduce your parking frustrations, we highly encourage you take advantage of our FREE Valet service to make your visit with us less stressful. When able, we also suggest that you arrive early to allow for additional time to park and reach your appointment location safely. Additionally, if you have an appointment on the main campus, you may want to ask your clinical team, if the same services are located at one of our Community Based Clinics closer to your home, or if the service is offered by a “tele-health” appointment in the comfort of your own home.
Employees – Please take advantage of our Transit Benefits (bus, vanpool, carpool, bicycle) to help alleviate your driving and parking frustrations. For more information, please call our Human Resources Service at 562-826-5651.
MOST RECENT UPDATE
- Beginning Monday, July 6, 2020, Carob Road will be closed to pedestrian traffic. Vehicle access on Carob Road will be down to one lane.
- Portions of three roads (Elm, Sam Johnson and Carob) were converted to one-way roads, so one of their lanes became side-road parking. That’s 80 more parking spaces!
- Construction fencing has been placed along the Southwest corner of Pine Road. As a result, pedestrian traffic traveling North/South adjacent the Fisher House is no longer accessible due to safety concerns for our employees and Veterans. All pedestrian traffic coming to and from parking lots on the North end of the campus, must enter the facility via the entrance located in building 2.
- Along Sam Johnson road between the hours of 0630-0800, all pedestrian traffic has been rerouted to the crosswalk at the intersection of Sam Johnson road and Carob Road.
- Vehicles have been restricted from turning Northbound at Oak Road between the hours of 0630-0800.
- Access on and off the campus at gate 5 (North Road) is limited to Northbound on Bellflower only.
Check back for updates!
<<< Click on the image for a better view, zoom in or zoom out. >>>