VA Long Beach Healthcare System
Patient Education Resource Center
Open Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Bldg. 165, Room C212
- Open access computers for health information searches, resume writing, job search, check email, download VA forms, access eBenefits.
- MyHealtheVet registration.
- Staff is available to assist in health information searches.
- Visit the Veteran’s Health Library online for Health Education Materials!
Classes, Support Groups, and Consultations
Clinical staff begins the patient education process at the time of admission, continues during the hospital stay, and at discharge. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where patients continually receive updated health information, are able to ask questions about their health, and can enjoy in our facility. Ongoing health education is provided during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Family and employees are welcome to attend many of these classes.
Courses focus on many different topics including:
- Weight Management (MOVE)
- Pain/Chronic Pain
- Quit Smoking
- Memory, Concentration and Thinking Skills
- Women’s Issues
- Healing Touch
- Tai Chi
Download our Health Education Classes and Groups booklet to find classes and groups available to you.