VA Long Beach Healthcare System
It's our job to give her the best care anywhere.
Did you know that women are the fastest growing group within the Veteran population?
At the VA Long Beach Healthcare System, we offer a variety of health services to address the unique needs of women Veterans.
To schedule an appointment with the Women’s Health Clinic please call 562-826-5151.
We are located on the first floor of building 126.
Clinic Hours are: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Gender Specific Care including breast and cervical cancer screening
- Preventive health screening
- Contraceptive counseling and management
- Family Planning
- Menopause management
- Osteoporosis Evaluation and care
- Sexually Transmitted Infections evaluation and treatment
- Surgical services for breast care, gynecological disorders, urinary incontinence and oncology
- Reproductive health care, including gynecological care and appropriate referrals for obstetrical care, infertility evaluation and genetic testing
- Comprehensive OEF/OIF clinic
- Tobacco Dependence Treatment
- Obesity counseling, weight loss - referral to MOVE!
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.